Its been 2 weeks and 3 days since we left Singapore.
Okay, that's a pretty typical starting of a blog post and I'm pretty sure most of us are already very clear about how many days we have before departure.
And that piece of information just leave me feeling rather weird.
The feeling's a combination of excitement and sadness( substitute this word if you can think of a better term 'cause my mind isn't really working well now.)
Excitement because we're going back to Singapore soon and that's where our home is and where we can bathe normally and go out without wearing too many layers and where we can walk on the streets without having to be very afraid of stepping on spits and where we know how to take bus or mrt to wherever we want and not having to spend more than 1 hour to reach a certain place.
Basically, it's because that's where our home is.
Sadness, because of the people here who I'll miss so so so much.
It sucks knowing that once you leave, you won't be coming back here any time soon.
So you won't know when's the next time you'll be seeing them.
Memories will be all that's gonna let me feel better about all this till I get a chance to visit these people again.
Okay, these people.
My homestay family.
They're the nicest people I've met from this trip.
From the day when I met my homestay kid for the first time till now, I've never ever felt being an outsider. They're down-to-earth, good-hearted people.
Every breakfast, lunch, dinner, they would worry that I'm not used to the food here, and would always try to accommodate me. They would always say... " Zui zhong yao jiu shi yao chi bao."
They made me feel like I've a second home in China and for everything that they've done to make sure I'm comfortable, I'm really grateful.
The kids in school.
They're the sweetest people I've met from this trip.
Even though they'd always talk to Kathy instead of me, I still can't help but think that they're extremely warm-hearted and cute.
( i think because i look so fierce they scared to talk to me la. haih.)
School's a place for individuals to get a good start in life.
And we've met many different individuals, from really shy ones who would give you a smile when you walk past them, to really outgoing ones who would wave like 3cm infront of your face and shout " HELLO!".
Just today, after listening to Li Lao Shi's lesson, one sweet boy came and helped to carry my chair back to the staff room for me without saying anything ( we had to carry our own chair to the classroom to listen to the lesson.) and that's just really nice.
One boy even got his own chair for Kathy on our first lesson and sat on a really low stool himself.
The only thing that I don't really understand though, was why some of them think I'm an Indian.
I think this post's getting really long and draggy so I will just end here.
Yi Jie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment