Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First post from the guys at 43中! I must say that I'm really damn happy cause this is my first time using the internet ever since coming to 石家庄!And its all thanks to my wonderful teacher who took the effort to help find a com for me. =)

So anyway our school is more commonly known as 石家庄外国语学校!Its located on 育才街 which is a super long stretch of road so if you take a cab you've gotta let the driver know exactly where the school is. Its quite different from Singapore because here in China the drivers are 'locked' up in this little metal cage. I think its to protect them from passengers or from getting mugged la. Anyway its been a good experience so far! I think I've bonded with my dorm mates a tremendous load since the first day, especially since I really didn't like them because they CUT OFF OUR WATER SUPPLY! (PICC students will know what I'm talking about.) But yea, I'm actually glad that I'm bunking with them so that's a good thing that came out of this PICC attachment!

Our bunk is pretty decent in my opinion. It has hot water, drinking water and electricity. The bare essentials that I was seriously worried would be lacking. the only bummer is that our electricity keeps tripping. The girls are quite sad i think because they have to go collect water to bath. They've no hot water in the dorm. But their dorm looks very much cleaner and newer!

More about what has happened ever since we've got here. We're all teaching at the primary school which is pretty challenging because the kids here are seemingly never out of energy! I took a video on the first day and when I'm back in Singapore I can post it up and you can hear for yourself how noisy it is here! I couldn't stand it but you get used to it after awhile. Actually there are loads of pictures that we'd love to post up but I can't because I didn't bring my camera cable. So the pictures will have to wait. You can always get it from my FB when we're back in Singapore!

So back to the attachment, Jonathan and I(Daryl) are attached to the Primary 2s, Timothy's to the Primary 5s, Zeyu to the Primary 6s. I can't remember where Jianshun, Erwin Ivan and Calvin are attached to but we're all spread out amongst Primary school. On the first night, the guys decided to go out to eat because the school cafeteria was closed already. We decided to go to this 烧烤 place called 小伟烧烤. I tell you, the food there is really really good and orgasmic! Just the 羊肉串 is good enough to send you into heaven. The guys, mainly Ivan, decided to try the 羊鞭(I think its this bian). We drank lots of beer and seriously I think it was a good start.

Over the weekend, we met up with our girls for the first time. I guess everyone had a good time because we hadn't seen each other for almost a week! And we had lots of stories to share. We went to 正定to visit 隆兴寺 and then 荣国府. I liked the temple visit because of the religious and historical value. I'm the kinda person who's very into history and culture, that's why I wanna go Beijing during the weekend! So far we've been spending the weekend shopping and eating. the food here is damn good and cheap. My group of girls and I went to eat like 饺子,面,包 and lots of other authentic Chinese food and it was only 50yuan for all of us! WTF right?

Oh ya and before I forget, it snowed the other day!!! Like super uber cool. It was my first time seeing falling snow so it was a whole new experience for me. i rushed out in the middle of lessons to play in the snow. So wtf right? But my teacher said it was okay because she knew that we'd never seen snow before. Took pictures in the snow too. The snow was good because it sort of cleared up the pollution, and now we can see the blue skies again. Its quite a rarity to see clear blue skies here because of all the pollution.

Went over to visit the 18中 girls yeaterday. Celebrated Joanna's fake birthday! What a bad April's Fool Day joke la. caught up with the group there and it was very hearrtwarming. I really hope their side allows them to go to Beijing. It would be SO MUCH FUN I swear! the guys are trying to plan the Beijing trip, think it'll have to be next week cause this week might be a little too rushed, but we'll see!

Anyway I've loosely summarised our first week here, in short I think its been a great experience! Will update again when I get the opportunity to.

For now, its Daryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment