I went to Bei Jing with some friends and their charges last weekend. It was a warped-ly eventful trip.
For one, you can see couples making out at every turn you make. The highlight of the trip was seeing a *very* old couple beejay-ing near Bei Jing West train station on the way back to Shi Jia Zhuang.
Also, we had The authentic original legendary Peking Duck at Quan Ju De. For those contemplating about making a trip down to He Ping Dian this weekend just to have a taste of The Duck, here’s some advice: Don’t bother. We had three of The Ducks, just to check for consistency of taste (…and because Jinnie was deliriously celebrating the fulfillment of her 6 year long dream of eating The Duck at The Shop).
Well, at least we can safely conclude that it’s consistently boring tasting.
If I'm allowed to whine here, 20 days is tooooo long for a school trip.
Here's a conversation that I had twice with Carmen, the secret otaku.
Carmen: People here are deprived. Everybody! Even our schoolmates.
Me: Why leh?
Carmen: People here can't even watch porn to fufil their sexual needs.
Me: Hmm, I guess you're right. But there's always the internet what.
Carmen: Do you know how slow the internet loads down here?!! (gives me an incredulous look)Me: Oooh. But I cou- oh hum, nevermind. HAHA! Yes, 20 days is a long time. I heard our classmates are falling in love with each other now.
Carmen: Already say deprived what. I would tell you to watch hentai to get rid of this suckiness, but the internet speed is just so f-king slow, NB!
Argh, though I like my hosts to bits and pieces, but still, I can't wait till next Wednesday to see someone who can kill this nagging depravity...and to eat Paddlepop, because they don't sell Paddlepop in China. Cheebie.
- Farhana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment