Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's exactly 9 hours from now, where we'd be boarding the bus to the shijiazhuang airport, yet I'm filled with mixed feelings. For all the time which I've complained about the conditions, for all the time that I've lamented that I want to go back, now that it's all turning into a reality, somehow, I feel a sense of sadness which overwhelm me. It's unexplainable, the warmth that I've experienced, the invaluable lessons learnt, from my teacher, 王老师 and my class, (中二,二十班), it's really sparked off a sense of belonging I have towards this place.

I remember the times where I was in my maiden school, how they constantly remind us that that's our 2nd home, I guess, I can safely say, I've found my 3rd.

Middle School No. 42 had a meeting today, with the host family, the parents and us. It was a session of sharing and how my teacher spoke of me really touched my heart. I can't begin to express the gratitude I have towards her, for teaching me thus much even though she's not obliged to. I've experienced, teaching, counselling, invigilating and marking exam scripts over the course of 3 weeks. It has somehow sparked off the urge in me to take teaching as a future career path.

All in all, it's been an enriching experience of fun and learning, one that I'd never forget.

-Vanessa-

No comments:

Post a Comment