Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Updates

Yessha!

A trip down to Beijing tommorow and that means long weekend again. :D But I'm gonna miss our dorm friends from room 312 and my really funny teachers.

I'm blogging from the office again because I don't have classes now. But one of the teachers, 王老师, in the office is in a really good mood now and he's spamming chinese folk songs in the office. . . so I joined in.

And I let my teachers in on how Hokkien version of 一支小雨伞 sound like. And they seemed damn amused by it. Or maybe it's just how my singing sounds. >: Anyhow, they're quite entertained by me. Despite my disastrous singing, we went on with more spamming of oldies, folk songs and dialect songs in the office.

Talk about cultural exchange.

(My teacher is still singing happily away. . .)

We have to leave in less than a week and my dorm mates and I really really hate to leave this place.. Three weeks is TOOO SHORT!

Honestly, I don't love the place to bits and pieces. We have to go to a common place to get hot water, go to common place to bathe and see each other naked and eat in the canteen with funny-tasting food. We climb five stories to get in and out of the dorm and squat till our legs cramp just to shit. I constantly fear for our lives and our pockets whenever we get on a cab. In crowded places, I hold on to my bag for my dear life just in case there's pick pockets. I can't stand public toilets nor do I stand the smell. The traffic rules are just vulgar and so are some of the mannerism of certain locals I met.

And the suayest crap of all and among everyone who came here I met with a FLASHER on the streets.

To sum it all, it's much more comfortable and safer living Singapore.

But three weeks is not enough to experience and explore the life here. And we met really good people like our dorm friends from room 312 and my teachers who are really funny but really caring and warm.

These really good people we met, are more innocent and true. They enjoy simple things in life and this is something I have yet to experience in Singapore.

Si Hua and I cannot agree more that it is still not the time leave 石家庄 yet, and time doesn't allow us to do so.

SOBS.

By the way, I'm also blogging on behalf of Si Hua because her Chinese Lit Dept teachers don't allow her to use computer. >:

I'll be back to blog soon! Gotta go fill my little empty stomach oraedae!

Be well,
Kat and Si Hua <3

No comments:

Post a Comment